15 September 2014

Bleh - Not the best day at the range

Today was not the best day I've had. I took the Mosin out which was nice, but damn, 20 rounds in and I already had a headache. I finished off a total of 40 rounds with the Mosin but what really sucked was the poor level of groups I had with the American today. BTW, I switched back to 100 yards with the Ruger American Rimfire. I think that gun will be solely for 100 yards at this point.


I ended up having exactly 25 rounds left of the Armscor Precision 40 grain standard velocity from the previous shoot. None of the groups were any better than 3 inches after zeroing the scope back in for 100 yards. Some of the shots were pretty good, some shots were even touching, but I think I'm going to stay away from the Armscor stuff. I think I may splurge and try to buy some of that Eley that Midway has. It's like 18.99 for 50 rounds but if my gun likes it then maybe I can start getting more consistent 1.5 inch groups. I think 1.5 inch groups at 100 yards are my target goal with this gun.

Here's hoping my next trip to the range isn't as bleh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment