22 April 2018

CZ 75 P-01 - 2 Years of Service

I've had the CZ P-01 for over 2 years now. It's been my primary carry gun for the most part during that time. I'm still going through holsters and made a few changes to the pistol and the way I carry it but it's continued to be fantastic. Some days I swap out for another pistol such as the P-10c or M&P9 Shield but I almost always end up going back to the P-01.

The pistol's current form is wearing a set of tritium fiber optic TruGlo TFX Pro iron sights and an Inforce APL-c. This seriously limits my selection of holsters to custom made deals but given that I spend half my year on night shift, it makes sense to have a white light to illuminate the dark corners of the world.

I've also switched my carry method to inside the waistband for day-to-day. The latest holster I'm using is the Gearcraft Holsters IWB made here in Georgia. It isn't the worst option but after several months of use, I've found issue with the canted clip mounting in combination with the belt clip design tends to leave the holster loose and on a few occasions, the holster came with the pistol on draw. It's a well made holster but I wish they had the option to change the cant. Update: It turn's out one of the holes is elongated to allow for adjusting cant. This are great holsters but I still wish they had a tuckable option for my setup.

I have no idea how many rounds I have through the gun. It's not a huge number but should be around 1,500 to 2,000 or more. I've shot just about everything FMJ wise that's immediately available and have had very few issues.

The only real complaints I have are my lack of skill with the double action trigger pull and the rubber coated base plate of the magazine has a sharp corner that pokes my fatty sides becoming painful after a while when carrying the spare magazine on the same side.

I need to spend more time with the pistol but CZ has solidified the P-01's position in my carry rotation as a primary, go-to option.






No comments:

Post a Comment